Angela's Blog

Friday, September 21, 2007

Metro happenings

I had two interesting metro experiences yesterday (the Metro is such a hub of experiences in a city...you really do see it all). Actually none of them had anything to do with the Metro itself, but happened to occure near a Metro stop.

First, when coming off of the Metro, I notice a man wearing a polo-type shirt. That was not interesting. His choice of trousers (what a fun word!), however, was. He was wearing a cordoroy kilt and red knee-high socks. One his way to work...in a skirt. I was like "you go, dude." The great thing is he really looked like Joe Q. Average with a work bag and polo, but then south of the waistline, he was all kinds of daring!

Second (and final) Metro incident was walking by a Metro stop on my way to class. I notice a guy handing out some sort of large flyer. He is dressed oddly, but it doesn't even phase me/register (I am true urbanite I guess). I automatically decline whatever he is passing out with my standard "no thank you" and walk by. Then I realize he has a WETA patch on his arm sleeve. WETA is the pbs station here. Weird. Then I realize the guy (and a girl a few feet away) are dressed in 40's flight gear, and are passing out "newspapers" for THE WAR on PBS, which starts Sunday. How clever!

1 Comments:

  • Ang, I just realized that I have rudely forgotten to reply to the email you sent. I shall do that right soon.

    I love kilt man. Have you seen the utilikilt? It's like cargo pants but a kilt. Very popular, I've heard, at hippie-style gatherings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home