Angela's Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Greetings from Minnesota

Hello from the land of 10,000 lakes

It has been a great little weekend get away. Even though I got the airport over an hour early, I was running to my gate due to a school group that took up almost every person at the United ticket counter. Add this to yet another reason that school groups in DC annoyed the bejesus out of me.

Anyway, got in Thursday night and had a fun day Friday just running errands with Dad and Danny and meeting Jean for lunch. That night, Krys and Trevor hosted a great BBQ and it was great to see everyone. Mad shout outs to bloggers Anna, Mindy, Gretchen, Natalie, Matt, Dave, Shad? and Justin?? (I am guessing those tow have them). ALso present were Meggan and Eric and Krys and Trevor, the hosts. We played "what are your obsessions" an impromptu game that ended up being great fun. A mad shout to all the girls who helped save the white pants from the red wine incident. GOOD NEWS! I soaked them in oxyclean all day yesterday and they are perfect!! Note to self: no more discussions of Wal-mart at dinner parties. As Natalie said, we might as well have moved on to religion, abortion, and sports.

Saturday, I walked Lake Calhoun with my mom and Abby (the dog). THose two didn't fair too well. Abby barfed twice and pooped twice which is 2 more bags than we had, but we managed. Jean had a horrible allergic reaction where she her eyes were watering uncontrollable. The weather and lake were beautiful, incidently. Jean and I then went and did a little shopping after waiting for their kitchen cabinets to be delivered. I supervised this job. :) We went to church and to Danny's restaurant (the one he works at least), Stellas. The food was really fantastic and it was fun to go with him because he knew the menu well. We were pleasantly surprised when we got 50% off the bill. That night, we went to the parent's rooftop and opened father's day gifts. Dad loved the 1911 map of MInneapolis that I got him from Eastern Market. It is so cool! I might loved it more than him.

The weather here has been so nice--70s-80s but not humidity. I fly out today at 4ish. It's always great to be back.

3 Comments:

  • Ang, it was great to see you too! I felt horrible after the party though - it's so true what they say about not talking politics or religion at parties...nothing good can come of it.

    First Rule of SupperClub: Don't talk about SupperClub

    Second Rule of SupperClub: Don't talk about politics or religion

    :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:30 PM  

  • We were riled up about Wal-Mart when we left, too.

    I'm so glad to hear about the pants! Oxy ROCKS!

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 2:24 PM  

  • Ang - sorry I missed you. I'm going to Stella's this weekend and So I'm going to look for Danny's. I think I remember what he looks like : )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home