Angela's Blog

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Why my husband is the best

I always think it is a little weird when people claim their husband/boyfriend (or girlfriend/wife for that matter) is "the best." It just rubs me wrong for some reason...maybe because I feel like it sets the tone of a competition. Or maybe it is because if someone has claimed the role of "best" where does that leave all the other better-than-average, very-good or even acceptable spouses? Best is taken, so everyone else is 2nd best, I guess?? With that said, I will now report why Ed is the best.

Background: Angela rushed out the door at 6:23 (a.m., yes, be impressed) to meet her friend Judy at the pool. Taking into consideration the sidewalk is out on the next block because of new condos being built, it takes about 10 minutes to get to the pool. Angela is flustered. She could barely get out of bed this a.m. She has a potluck today, which sounds good in theory, but is a pain to pull everything together when you are barely awake. For some reason, she is writing in 3rd person.

About 2 blocks for the pool, phone rings. (If this is Judy canceling, I will kill her/rejoice and go back to bed). It's Ed. Doesn't seem quite possible that he is calling since he was literally not awake 5 minutes ago.

Ed: You forgot your suit
Me: Really? (still not fully awake) How did you know I left it?
Ed: I saw both suits (I only have two that are pool-acceptable swimwear) hanging in the bathroom.
Me: Really? I about to say "well, I'll just call Judy and bail" (and go back to bed!!!) when...
Ed: I'll drive it you.
Me: Really?

The boy doesn't normally get up for two more hours (not exagerating). It is like 10 degrees (possibly exagerating now).

So, I got my suit. Had my workout. Metroed to work and thought to myself how truly nice Ed is. Perhaps he is even "the best."

2 Comments:

  • Ed is the best.

    No, wait. Shad is the best.

    Ed is the second-best. ONly one person can be second-best. This is still pretty good.

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 8:23 PM  

  • I think there is room for more than one "the best." Husbands can be "the best" at different things. Ryan is "the best" at being patient and generous, but maybe not "the best" at expressing his feelings (go figure), for example. The other morning, I had to do a focus group at a high school, and I asked Ryan if he would come with me and set up/operate the computer. Even though he was still sleeping, he said, "I will if you want me to." He had a real "the best" moment right then.

    Ryan is "the best." And so is Ed. And Shad, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home