Angela's Blog

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Let's Go Minot!

After a delayed flight, traffic coming out of the Cities, 8 hours + of driving on a good day, having to stop for the dog, we finally pulled into Minot about 9 p.m. on Saturday. Ed and I were exhausted after getting up at 4:30 a.m. EST. UGH! We rallyed to catch Karissa, who was heading out the next day, at the Blue Rider, which has a suprisingly impressive beer selection for Minot. It was nice to see her!

Sunday we met up with Dave and Mindy and then stopped by Bieri's where my parents are staying. At about noon, we headed up to Pinkerton's cabin. The weather looked iffy at first, but we managed to squeeze out some water skiing and jet skiing. Ed is not to be trusted on the jet ski. Danger. Passengers be wear. Ed did a fantastic job attempting to ski for the first time, by the last try, he was up--even if it was just for a second.

On the 4th, we drove around Minot to see my houses and my mom's houses growing up. We then went to the zoo and the Festival of the Parks, the quintessential all-american celebration. Ed and I decided that the zoo in Minot is better than the National Zoo, which frankly never has any animals out--free or not, zoos should have animals. Ed really was impressed how nice the zoo was for the size of Minot. Jean enhanced the experience as one heck of tour guide. That nice the Van de Streeks had us over for dinner and Lorna told me about a new shop in Minot that does glass working and paint-your-plate.

Oh I almost forgot the meanest thing ever! Abby was tied up outside my grandma's and some punks turned the corner and threw a fire cracker at her. My grandma was the only one home with her and a neighbor came over to tell her she had seen it (otherwise we probably would have never known). I guess Abby was shaking and just completely spooked over the whole thing. It took her an hour just for her heart to stop racing and even today she has been acting weird. I was so angry!! Who does that? I seriously want to beat them up.

Lorna Mom and I went this afternoon to the paint your place thing and really had a great time! It was so relaxing. I did a dinner plate and it was only $7. My mom did a square plate that was bigger and it was $26? I think they still need to work out their pricing a little.

(PS for all the Minotian readers--it is called Margie's Glass Shop and it is on N. Main in downtown, do check it out it is a great outing for mothers/daughters/sisters/friends. I want to support it so it stays around because I had such a good time! I am already planning a Christmas girlfriends reunion there! They are opening a party room and a coffee shop. Lorna had a sample of the coffee, and she said it was fantastic.)

1 Comments:

  • Yeah for having a good time in Minot! I think there's a plate painting place here in Minneapolis too - maybe we'll have to do a girly thing there sometime.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home