Angela's Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Tragic Loss of the Little Navy Zip-up

I can’t believe it has almost been a week since I blogged. Time flies! The end of the trip in Minot was as good as the beginning and we got home safe and sound, albeit at little tired, on Sunday.

I am in mourning. I left my navy blue zip up track jacket on the plane. I loved that little coat. It was perfect for the summer when you need a little something to cover your arms—nothing more, nothing less. It was fun and sporty. I loved it for it who it was and the service it gave me—it was not name brand or this year’s hottest. From a Target clearance rack it was born, and I adopted it from my mother (some may say stole, but I chose to believe that I gave it a better home). It served me well and now I must let it go. Damn I miss that coat.

In other news, our new fridge is spanky! I love having only this week’s freshest groceries in there. It is a great feeling.

Last night I decided to cook and made quesadillas with fresh mashed avocados, brown jalepenos and onions, cheese, and chicken. They were delicious. I do enjoy cooking when I have a fun recipe to try and all the ingredients ready etc., but I am not a neat cook. The kitchen was a disaster!

Does anyone else have any really yummy dinner recipes they have tried lately?

3 Comments:

  • Justin and I don't really cook recipes lately. A nice dinner for us is a grill pork chop (seasoned only with black pepper and garlic salt) and some asparagus baked in the oven with olive oil. When we're feeling indulgent we'll have fancy bread and cheese and a glass of wine for dinner - sometimes a salad if we're in need of more food than that.

    I'm really sorry to hear about the little navy zip up. I know how that goes. Be it a pair of shorts that fit just right, a t-shirt that is very "you", or a zip up that is perfect for a certain season, it always sucks to lose parts of your wardrobe that you actually use.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:09 AM  

  • Ang, I posted a simple recipe on my blog that you might like.

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 12:07 AM  

  • So sad to hear about the zip up. My heart aches for you.

    Dinner recipes--a fav of ours is ranch fajitas and paninis. Mmmm...I am really hungry now. They're both really easy. I'll grab them from home and email them to you. Will you post the quesidillas one??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home