Angela's Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Wedding Recap

So Ed and I woke up yesterday and drove 4 hours north to NJ. The ride went very well considering that 95 at times can be terribly congested. We were pleased with the time we made, and went to the the hotel so we knew where it was and then went downtown--very cute--and then got some lunch at a family-owned Italian place.

We met up with 2 of edge BC friends and changed in their room and then boarded a bus at about 3 for the church. It was a Byzatine catholic church, so they had some interesting twists, one including wearing a crown of leaves. Anyhoo, the ceremony was performed by edge priest from college, Father Don, and it was very nice.

Okay, now for the good stuff. So we get back about 6 and have an hour to kill before the cocktail reception. We hang out, and then head down at 7. The hotel was a gorgeous historic hotel with lots of dark woodwork with a great turn-of-the-century feel. Anyway, I was starving and started scarfing down food. The food selection was amazing: a carved meat station, a hot pasta station, a cook to order crepe station, a station with paella, a mussel and shrimp stew, and lasagna, and then the final table was about 15 feet long and had cheese and crackers, roasted vegetables, salsas, hummas, fresh mozarella, brushetto etc. As you can tell, there was just a tremendous amount of food--alot of which was "substantial". Ed and I had a discussion that this was the dinner--no doubt. The RSVP did not ask for a selection. This was it, which was great. The food was fantastic, so I keep eating. I am almost stuffed when I overhear someone commenting that need to be "saving themselves for dinner". UH OH. DINNER????????? This was the dinner!! Everyone was 100% sure of it. Except was were 100% wrong!!!!! I was full. I had no more room to eat. I managed though--an appetizer (which incidentally was this interesting tort with potato filling and cheese toping), salad, salmon, vegetables, potatoes, cake, ice cream and biscotti to go with the coffee later...i had a new understanding of what it meant to be "full". I seriously can not tell you HOW much food there was! And it was tremendous.

It was almost too much. I kinda feel like that did it to have "the wedding that everyone will talk about", but maybe they just like to feed people. Anyway, the rest of the evening was really fun. They had an awesome band and the actual dinner was in this gorgeous conservatory with chandeliers etc. We are now in NY at Patrick's apartment and are heading off to soon: a museum? a show? the city is ours...we'll see!

In other news, I know there are some excellent blogs out there, but seriously, Danny's this week is hysterical. If you have 2 seconds, check out the picture of him stuck in the bathroom window while he ponders the thought "can you be arrested for being stupid?"...seriously worth your time

4 Comments:

  • You go to the swankiest weddings, I swear! You need to start making a scrapbook about them.

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 5:45 PM  

  • Yeah, I am so getting my name on the invite list to some East Coast weddings...our midwestern weddings not so much along those lines. More like "I was amazed that there was both a turkey and beef selection" on the buffet.

    We should come and visit you during peak wedding season, I think.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:57 AM  

  • Yeah, I am so getting my name on the invite list to some East Coast weddings...our midwestern weddings not so much along those lines. More like "I was amazed that there was both a turkey and beef selection" on the buffet.

    We should come and visit you during peak wedding season, I think.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:57 AM  

  • How...why...what...I don't understand...help!
    Perhaps this is an instance of someone who spent a bit too much money, time, and effort on her wedding?
    Starving children in Ethiopia...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home