Angela's Blog

Friday, February 03, 2006

Annoyed

I am so annoyed at the healthcare system right now. I had to go in to the Dr.'s office today to read my TB test. I get there and this nurse overhears me at the nurse's station and is like "oh Miss Carlson, I have to talk to you." She was the one who gave me the test on Tuesday and she forgot to give me part of the test. So she had to regive the test to me today and I have to come back Monday. I also have an appointment on Wednesday. So in 1 week I will have made 4 trips to the Drs. office. I was annoyed, but I don't have TB so that's good (well at least the one test says I don't). Also, I had to do a chest x-ray and I just had this feeling when she was positioning me that she had no idea what she was doing. She must have adjusted me 10 times. Again, annoyed.

Okay, if are still reading about me complaining--you are a good friend. THE MOST annoying thing is that I can not get in to have the CT scan that I need by my Wed. appointment with my Doc. He's leaving for 2 weeks so we have to keep that appointment and there simply are no appointments. I called and tried to get in and then had the Drs. office try again today and there are no appointments! So the nurse gave me other option of going to a different clinic for the scan, but I will have to prearrange it with my insurance. Sounds like work to me, and again, I am already annoyed at the sitch.

I am really trying to be proactive and be a good patient and do what I am told, but seriously this is a drain on my time, energy and resources. I have spent $85 in copays this week and I have a CT scan and another appointment to go.

Okay, I am done complaining. I am feeling better and I have health insurance, which alot of people don't. I am getting good care--it's just alot of work.

2 Comments:

  • yeah, i know what you mean... scheduling appointments, waiting to get in, insurance, etc. is a hassle; but like you said some peeps would love to have that hassle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:38 PM  

  • You know if you move here, people don't even know what the word 'copay' means! - cynth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home