Angela's Blog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Stuff

I am so uncreative in my titles.

So my Crohn's had been bothering me for the last couple of weeks, so I finally got in on Tuesday. Before I knew it, there was a whirlwind of activity. I walked away with 3 prescriptions. He ordered lab work and urine test and gave me a special vial that I had to bring back up from the lab because they have to send that out. Only one lab in the country does that particular test. I have to have a chest x-ray and a CT scan. I also had an under the skin TB test on the spot. Seriously, this all occurred within talk to the Dr. for less than 10 minutes. Ed can attest. I drug him along and I am glad I did because it was very overwhelming.

All this is because I am switching to an IV treatment (Remicade, you may have heard of it for arthritis) that I will have to do every 8 weeks. I guess it's okay. Taking pills everyday actually is easier, but this is supposed to do wonders.

Good news is that I am feeling better. Perhaps it is the power of suggestion--just knowing that it is going to get better or maybe it ran its course for this time. We'll see.

In other news, I am going out to eat with a girl I work with for her birthday. She is my age (well now a year older technically) and broke up with her boyfriend earlier this month. They had been together since college and moved to DC together. They rented a house, bought furniture, had parties together and were definitely a "unit". Oh, they owned pets together too. We are talking being married without the title. I still don't know the whole scoop and in full disclosure, one of the reasons I RSVPed is that I am hoping to learn more tonight. Also, she only invited like 6-8 total people (i think alot of their friends were mutual) and only about half of them could make it. Don't get me wrong, I like her alot, but if there were a ton of people who could have gone, I may or may not have gone, but knowing that I am one of a select few definitely was an impetus for agreeing to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home