Angela's Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Ed's Birthday

So let's see...

Yesterday was Ed's birthday. He's 27. I got him a photo album for his pics from China, a cook book, and afishing pole and tackle box. It was really cute to see how excited he was about the fishing rod. Seriously, like a kid on Christmas. He had gone fishing when we were ND, and was really excited about doing some out here.

I haven't been able to post about the shopping experience for the fishing pole yet (for obvious reasons). But I felt like a fish out of water--pun intended. I went to this HUGE outdoor store--i have blogged about it before. There were seriously hundreds of fishing poles--rows and rows and rows of them. So I go back and talk to this man working there, who was very nice, and was like....aaahhh I need a fishing pole...aaahh. PS the range of fishing poles is like $20-several hundred dollars. Some come with the reel on the them--others not. He asked me a series of questions about what kind of fishing Ed would be doing etc. Um, no clue. He showed me stuff in my price range and I tried to "compare" them, which is basically a joke. The red one is cute?? So finally, I went up to this guy in who was in about in his 60s, and he just looked like a guy who fishes. I asked him for some recommendations and he directed me to a pole--not very expensive at all--that he had fished with for over 20 years. Perfect!

We went out for a nice dinner to this Italian place and we both ate too much. Then we went and got icecream with Brenda and Paul. I was stuffed before we went for icecream and seriously felt ill afterwards. In general, Ed and I--okay mostly Ed but me by default--have been eating lighter meals and the food was wonderful but I swear my body rejected the quantity it had to digest. I also pretended that i was going to eat half and bring the rest in for lunch--didn't happen.

3 Comments:

  • Ahhh...sad that you don't have a Maggie's Blog link on your page. *Sob

    Sounds like things are awesome on your end. Are you gonna stay in DC permanently, ya think?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:54 AM  

  • Ed did the links for me because tech savy I am not. Send me your email and I will prove to it was an oversite. :) I already emailed him to fix it. Free help these days is not what it used to be.

    I would say we will be here for at least 5 years. We really don't know what the future holds. For now we are settled here, like our jobs, have good friends etc. I think eventually I would like to move back to the midwest, but it is tough with use being from different places.

    How about you and Denver?

    I like the one-on-one over the blog phenom.

    By Blogger Angela, At 8:13 AM  

  • I, too, enjoy the one-on-onecorrespnodence via blog. It's so much easier than e-mail. Not quite as private, though.

    Where is Ed from originally? Would you ever move back to Minot? Or are you hooked on big city living? Ryan and I are buying a house! So we'll be in Denver, hopefully, for at least five years. I don't think I could ever move back to a small town, to be honest. Of course, now that I've said this, flash forward ten months to us moving to Upham, ND. Hopefully we'll be in Denver awhile. My only complaint is the freakishly dry air here.

    Don't worry about the link thing. I was just teasin'. My email is mhelseth@du.edu.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home