Angela's Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Swimming Pools, Avocados, and CVS: this is my life

I am addicted to avocados lately. I seriously can not get enough. I have them on my sandwiches and my salads. I bought a lot of them because I was making those quesadillas and then I ran out of tortillas, so I had to find other uses. Mmmmm sooo good. Any one know of other uses of avocados (other than guac. which is the obvious one)?

On Tuesday, I went to the pool in our neighborhood. I feel a little guilty for not using it. It is really nice, it costs $3, and it is literally a five minute walk. When I got there to “swim” I had my own lane because there were about four people in the whole pool. By swim, I just use a kickboard because I am a crappy swimmer. It’s a great workout and a great break for other forms of exercise. I felt so refreshed when I was done. Seriously, I am ashamed I don’t use it more. I am going tonight.

So I really love were we live because it is such a great neighborhood, and so convenient with the hardware store, CVS, dry cleaner, and grocery store all within blocks. CVS is across the street, but it is it possible for it to be too convenient? I was literally over there 3 times last night!!! I have to go back tonight because my prescription wasn’t in…it’s getting embarrassing

Ed is doing well in China. Today he goes to the great wall. It sounds like he has done some fun things: went to the market, met with “important” people, gone to some museums, ate Peking Duck etc. He leaves tomorrow for Shanghi (sp?)…

In other news, my stupid DVD has not show up from netflix. It was supposed to be here Tuesday! I have already sent the other two back!!! I am DVDless!!!!

6 Comments:

  • I love avocados also. Matt and I frequently each eat half a diced avocado with a diced hard boiled egg (we throw the yolk) drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt for breakfast. The recipe was in a Martha when the low carb craze was big.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:14 PM  

  • I also love avocados, and a lot of times will eat half of one with a spoon, with balsalmic vinagrette poured in the middle.

    And the Netflix gap is the worst! I usually try to plan it out so that I always have at least 1 at home, but sometimes I screw up and watch 2 in one night or something and then end up with nothing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:36 PM  

  • Great Avocado ideas!!! THanks!

    By Blogger Angela, At 8:51 AM  

  • I agree that some things can be too convenient. Just be glad you don't live across the street from a Krispee Kreme. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:29 AM  

  • You could make deviled eggs by mixing avocado w/the egg yolk, olive oil, mayo, dijon mustard, etc.

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 9:24 PM  

  • Can you post something new please?

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home