Angela's Blog

Monday, February 06, 2006

Really fun weekend!

We had a really nice weekend! On Sat., we headed to check out a reception venue for Brad and Cynthia, who are in London. I think it is going to be a great venue! Lots of character and a beautiful setting! It was good because I am really wanting to check out some venues in MSP, but we aren’t going until March (the weekend of the 18th for those of you in the area) so I got to get out some of my “choosing a reception venue” excitement.

We went to church Sat. afternoon, and it was 45 minutes—a-la-St. John’s, the Apostle in Minot, but with a much better homily. I am not complaining. The priests are Jesuits, and I think that makes a difference. We might go to a lecture from a priest who went to El Salvador after the murder of those priests. It is next Monday.

Sat. night we went to Bitsy’s party at Local 16. I can not believe we were outside on the roof-top patio in Feb.!! It was a little chilly, but with the heat lamps, not too bad. Bits, we missed you Sunday!

Sunday we hosted an awesome brunch for dinner club. Our land lord is out of town, so we were able to have it upstairs. Ed made THE BEST chocolate chip and banana waffles. YUM! We also did cook-to-order omelets. People stayed a long time, which was so nice. Great food! Great conversation! Good times!

Later that afternoon we worked out and I did all of the stuff on the bottom of the weekend to do list like ironing. I never get to that place on the list. Part of it is that we had dinner club so we were forced to clean earlier in the weekend.

I also made a really good low-fat spaghetti. I was impressed with myself.

Oh we watched the Superbowl too. We didn’t get any invites to any parties this year—sad. I really was looking forward to chili and cheese dip!!

Did anyone watch Grey’s Anatomy?! Holy crap that show is SO good. What an episode! I am addicted. It makes me stay up late though (especially post Superbowl).

The battery went low on our fire alarm at like 3:30 a.m. this morning. It started the world’s most annoying high pitch chirp. THAT WAS FUN! I couldn’t fall asleep for like 2 hours. I hate that. I am actually doing okay.

Work has slowed to a normal speed, which is nice. My boss is back tomorrow after being gone for 2 ½ weeks, which is even nicer. Thanks to all who have listened to my complaints!

CT scan tomorrow. Checked out the 2nd TB test—negative, which is good. Drs. appointment on Wed.

PS I am on Prednisone right now and I seriously think it makes my heart/thoughts race--I just reread this post. I am so hyper lately (also edgey and emotional). It might be in contrast to the depletion I was feeling when the Crohn's was really flaring, but I think it really is the medication.

5 Comments:

  • grey's was AMAZING! so suspenseful! and they're leaving us hanging until next week. but she can't die, right? or they'd have to call it someone else's anatomy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:45 PM  

  • Good point Grace! I feel better now.

    By Blogger Angela, At 11:59 AM  

  • i heart that show. not going to lie, it really makes me want to be a doctor. hahaha... there certainly aren't stellar dental shows:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:01 PM  

  • I can't believe I MISSED it!! Arhghgh!!!

    As for the cheese dip, it will only make you feel guilty in the morning, so you didn't miss much. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:39 PM  

  • i'm totally addicted to grey's anatomy... can't wait for tonight!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Miranda, At 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home