Angela's Blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

We have officially lost it when it comes to eating

So I saw the Devil Wears Prada last night with Bits (I thought it was really fun) but was slightly disturbed by the fact that main character was referred to as the fat girl (at a size 6) and then later got accolades for dropping to a size 4. The other girl in the story line didn’t eat. Period. I later came home and watched a story on the half-ton man who could literally not turn over in bed he was so fat. This combined with the fact that I have series of otherwise smart, accomplished friends/acquaintances (grown women, mind you) who all of the suddenly have arms that look like pencils. This has lead me the conclusion that that we have officially lost our wits about food. Half the world is starving and in American we either eat 45 times as much as we need or we refuse to eat the bountiful food we do have in order to be so thin that we make those starving people of the world look good.

I for one am creating a club. It is entitled "Normal Eaters of America." To join: you can't eat everything you want. You can eat most of what you want. You for the most part eat normal portions. You try to get your 5-day and you fail. But you eat. You do it everyday for every meal. Some days you are good. Some days you are bad. Some days you have salad after a bad weekend of junk food. You like food. It is fun. It is fuel. Bottom line: you eat.

2 Comments:

  • I am so in your club. I saw that movie too and was disturbed by the size 6/4 crap. I just lost 30 figgin pounds and i'm still not close. SUCK! So, I'm joining your club. Average and happy UNITE!

    By Blogger Miranda, At 10:38 PM  

  • Honest to god, a size 6???
    I am seriously boycotting that movie.
    Period.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home