Angela's Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I am in the wrong field

Today I went to the dentist. I hope my mother isn't reading this, but it had been well over a year, which is too long. My mother always emphasized good dental care and we went ever six months on the nose.

Anyhoo, I tried a new dentist who was closer to my work. The other dentist was near my house and she was too chatty for my tastes. So anyway, I call this dentist and make an appointment.

I got the cleaning. The place is nice. They have a computer that you can see your teeth. Anyway, all is going well.

I end up having two cavities. I am not proud of this, but it is not super surprising. I have been drinking more soda lately, and one dentist told me that would really affect your teeth. Plus it had been almost a year and half.

So then the office manager lady comes to talk to me about setting up an appointment for the cavities. No problem.

She is like WITH your insurance it is going to be $165 plus your $50 deductible. Now to some, this isn’t bad, but I have REALLY good dental insurance. At my old dentist, I only paid the deductible for the other cavity I had like two years ago. Or a $30 co-pay. It was not more than $50.

Note: The cost of two cavities without insurance would be $665.

(PS I would like to interrupt myself to note that I did not have one cavity through high school and I think I got one in college (maybe? Not even sure on that), so more or less, my teeth have gone to pot/I am not caring for them like I used to)

Moral of the story: I am changing my dental habits and I am going back to the chatty dentist. I can put up with her chattiness to save $165.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home