Angela's Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Unofficially, Crohn's is on the rise

As most of you know, I have been home recovering from my surgery for Crohn's, and I am doing very well. I am pain and meds free and my energy gets better everyday

I am not sure if it is because I am more attune, but it seems that Crohn's is everywhere! A friend's cousin lost a tremendous amount of weight (80 lbs I think) before being diagnosed. He had an emergency surgery. A co-worker's step-sister was diagnosed over the holiday and also had emergency surgery. A friend of my brother's has had symptoms and is being tested for the disease.

Man, what is going on?! Often when I share that I have Crohn's, people know someone with the disease: a co-worker or a cousin etc. But up until now, I have literally only known a couple of people with the disease.

I am thinking of starting a Crohn's blog...what do you think?

3 Comments:

  • The Chron's blog is a terrific idea. I would be a loyal reader.

    Love,
    Madeleine Albright

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:12 AM  

  • You should post your wonderful Washington Post article on your blog. I'm always so full of good, diplomatic advice, aren't I?

    Your number one fan,
    Madeleine Albright

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:35 AM  

  • Nice job!, You certainly are giving your visitors a lot of precious info. This blog will be a hit!

    By Anonymous ian, At 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home