Angela's Blog

Monday, June 02, 2008

Exciting Celebrity Sighting (at least to me)!

I almost forgot that Ed and I saw Antony and Cleopatra at the Shakespeare Theater this weekend and saw none other than Dixie Carter and Reese (that was his name right?? who I guess is her real life husband). I do love Julia Sugarbaker...remember the episode where she kept running over the magazine stand that was selling smut? or the time she did the catwalk modeling with her skirt stuck in her pantyhose?

Speaking of seeing weekend theater, Cynthia also treated me to Measure for Pleasure at the Woolly Mammoth, which I had never been to before. It was a little lewd and slow at times, but at the end the story came together nicely and some of the actors were pretty hysterical. It was a fun girls night out!

1 Comments:

  • Did you know that Dixie Carter is a Republican? According to Wikipedia, she struck a deal with the producers of "Designing Women"--every time "Julia" went on a liberal tirade, Dixie was allowed to sing one song. I remember a lot of monologues, but I sure don't remember a lot of serenades.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home