Angela's Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Seriously, What is Up with the Dairy Out Here?

It is confirmed by friend from Wisconsin, an expert in dairy, as well as my used-to-drink-a-gallon-of-milk-a-day brother, the dairy out here is gross/weird/not right.

Not right. I say. Just not right.

The biggest offender: cottage cheese. I love it. I don't care what all you haters say about the texture, cottage cheese is good (when done right, as in created in the Midwest) and is an excellent source of low-fat protein.

Anyhoo, the cottage cheese out here is undeniably disgusting. Except for a few select brands. I have tested, confired and learned the hard way for years as to what brands I can tolerate and which are so gross that I have to ralph my curds. After I thought I knew it all about the brands of cottage cheese out here, I took a chance. I bought a non-store brand of cottage cheese from a grocery store we don't shop often.

Big mistake.

It tastes so weird that I been putting it on my one-hundred calorie pack mini cookies to choke it down. Why did I bother? Well, if I don't eat it, I will be hungry in an hour because it is the main source of protein in my meal. And as an aside, the cookies do an awesome job of masking the taste. But that is beside the point:

It is wrong, people. So. Incredibly. Wrong.

And yet, I feel like people out here don't have any clue how bad it really is. They are unaware or oblivious to their own plight. It could be so much better or at least not gross. And yet, they stand by and let this travesty happen to them, unaware, uncaring or unwilling to take a stand against dairy products that no person should have to suffer through. It is an injustice to humanity to serve that crap and call it dairy, a blessed food group if there ever was one.

2 Comments:

  • I like cottage cheese, but maybe I havent had the "good stuff". please, i'd like to know what kind of curds you'd recommend.
    ps- i added your blog to my list of web sites on my blog :) te he he.

    By Blogger Taresa, At 3:34 PM  

  • I had some God Awful cottage cheese here in Denver. It was too sour and the texture was just off. There is nothing better than the cottage cheese available in ND (and probably MN...oh, and certainly also WI). It seems like there should be a standardized recipe for cottage cheese that everyone would use. You just expect it to taste a certain way (a certain curds and whey).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home