Angela's Blog

Thursday, April 03, 2008

What is with jury duty?

Ed is serving on a jury right now. He can't tell me anything about it, which makes me want to know more. He says it is actually pretty boring, but I still want to know. He can tell me after it is over. His schedule is sweet though. The judge has him report at 11 and he is out at 4:45. Not bad.

Sarah is also on jury duty and has reported on facebook that she is one of the 12 angry men. Which one though?

I have the best jury duty assignment. I may or may not be called to the US District Court. See the cool thing is that they don't really tell you. Nice of them, eh? I have to call in every friggin' day for 2 and half weeks to see if I need to report. I find this utterally annoying on 2 counts a) I am a planner and I like to know what I will be doing the next day and this makes planning hard b) they give you like no notice...so for example I have a couple of meetings planned that I am leading but I litterally will have to call people the night before and be like meeting is off. Now if you are sick or something else unexpected, people deal, but this is weird instance of knowing but not really knowing.

I find it annoying.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Angela,
    I am in the same position that you are in with this jury duty thing. Mine is also US District Court-Boston, MA.
    Starting on Monday, April 14, I have weeks of calling in to find out if I can actually do my work or not- I am a therapist in private practice, and have no idea how to manage with this kind of unknown scheduling. I am so frustrated that I just did a search on the blogs to see if I could find someone else out there who is in the same predicament- that's how I found your post.

    Looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you!
    Lynn from Gloucester MA

    By Blogger Lynn McKenna, At 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home