Angela's Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Safeway is disgusting

So we live in a great neighborhood, and I have commented before on how much I love it. Probably a few years ago though, it would have been considered sketchy and you can tell that it had been a rougher area evidenced by the fact that it is completely underserved. We are fortunate because it just so happens that all services are within blocks of us, but as a whole, the area is really underserved. Namely, we have 1 grocery store—the not-so-Safeway—for all of Capitol Hill.

Ed and I often will go to Northern Virginia to avoid the chaos and calamity of this Safeway. On Sunday, though, after a weekend of camping, we decided to go the grocery store that is just 2 blocks away. Highlights include the Safeway staff member we saw steal a pregnancy test (it was a guy and he took it into the back stock room and didn’t reappear with it), rotting cucumbers, literal bare shelves in the water/soda aisle, expired salad and dishwashing soap opened and dripping down. Ed went back to take digital pictures to send to corporate headquarters. I will get to post some--gr-ooosss.

5 Comments:

  • That is just plain gross--the prenancy test in particular.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:02 AM  

  • oh oh.... i wanna see pics!

    By Blogger Miranda, At 3:40 PM  

  • The whole place was a war zone!!! I love living in the city, but sometimes I am like "damn I would like a good, clean grocery store that is fully stocked with nice people"

    The pregancy test stealer is actually one of my favorite employees there--he works in the seafood counter is very friendly. I feel bad for him--I am guessing his girlfriend thinks he is pregnant.

    By Blogger Angela, At 5:33 PM  

  • Anyone notice the mis-place modifier in my post above?

    It's kinda funny actually

    By Blogger Angela, At 5:33 PM  

  • Hmm...I think Safeway is highlighting exactly why Super Walmart is taking over this world.

    Hopefully that Walmart contract to put a store on the Washington Mall goes through so you can avoid this problem in the future.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home