Angela's Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Medical Update and Shakespeare Theater Tix

Ed and I decided that we are "doing something" for Valentine's Day instead of buying stuff for eachother. We got tix to the Shakespeare Theater for Don Juan and we learned that if you buy a pass for the next 3 performances you can get tix for $45 ($15 per show). WOOOHOO!

Also here is the down and dirty medical update for those of you who are curious:


Overall, it was a good appointment. I don't have TB (which I knew), and the CT scan revealed significant inflammation, but no infection or other abssyses etc. (aka it verified that I my Crohn's is active).


He ran that special blood test to see if the Imuran that I am currently on is working the way it should. Specifics to me aren't clear, but it is supposed to be working at 235 or above to be effective and it is only working at 180. In other words, I am taking the right dose for my weight, but my body isn't using it correctly. So he is going to increase my dose on this to see if that helps.

He will be tapering me off predisone in the next couple of weeks. He mentioned my face looked fuller, which I haven't noticed...should I be offended?


As far as starting the IV treatment-it is on hold until I see him in 2weeks. Because of the revelation that the medication I am hasn'tbeen working effectively, we are back in "wait and see" mode. Good news about the Remicade is that they are transitioning to having it down at your house. Also, he mentioned a new drug that has been approved for arthritis (like Remicade was initially) but not yet for Crohns. This would be taken by shots.

Overall, I am feeling better except for the occasional surge of hyperactivity from the Prednisone. AAAHHHH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home