Angela's Blog

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ahhh Snow!

So DC got it's first big snowfall of the year. We got about 9 inches in our area. It was the wet fluffy stuff so it has mostly been cleared and it looked beautiful sitting atop the branches of trees--a true winter wonderland. Too bad we didn't get a snow day for work. I live for snowdays and they come alot more often here than in MN, but we haven't had one yet!!

TV run down: Grey's Anatomy rocks my world. I hate the cheating ex-wife bea as well...forget her name.

Olympics? Watched Luge this weekend. That's about it. The guy from White Bear Lake, MN isn't going to medal. :(

Oh! had a real weddings special on Sat. I taped it. One girl had 550 guests all from out of town. She was out of control.

Project Runway--okay this was on last week, but I wanted to blog about how annoyed I am that they keep Santino on the show for ratings. He is the only "outrageous one" and this is the 2nd time that he really should have gone home. He such an arrogant poopy face too. But I do enjoy his imitations of Tim. I think it is going to for sure be Daniel and Cloe in final 3. #3 is position is up for grabs.

Weekend recap: Had a great Saturday. Ed had a finger printing gig that I accompanied him to at AU. It was students in this tutoring program who work in the DC public schools. If you have contact with children in the DC public schools, you have to be fingerprinted and have a background check. On Wed. and Thurs. he has some more students to do through the same program.

Book club on Sat. was really fun. We read Everything is Illuminated. Nobody really liked it and not always for the same reason. I really like book club.

After book club we our neighbors had a wine and cheese party, which was so fun. I have lived there for 2 years and this is the first time that we really "met" all of the neighbors--good times.

Sun.. we went to church and the gym. There were literally 7 people there. People in DC do not come out in the snow. I like the little church we found.

Helped Tonya assemble her IKEA purchases Sunday night. Ed actually assembled and I supervised. She got so gorgeous pieces. IKEA continues to impress me.

Looks like this week should be a quiet week at work--we'll see.

4 Comments:

  • Sounds like a fab weekend. I love to live vicariously through others purchases, particularly furniture purchases. Can someone buy a dining room table so I can live vicariously right about, say, easter brunch time?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:17 PM  

  • I was soooo annoyed that Santino didn't get booted off last time. His outfit for Kara was total crap.

    By Blogger Ugly Juice, At 2:52 PM  

  • Thanks for the shout out re: the furniture! I'm loving it. And I caught the end of Grey's Anatomy. I don't know what was going on - but I do know that Patrick Dempsey is just dreamy. Dreamy, I say.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:05 PM  

  • and thanks for helping assemble it! It's left me in pain today!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home