Angela's Blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ahh let’s see… Had a good weekend

Ahh let’s see… Had a good weekend.

Our weekend actually started on Thursday because we actually went out on Thurs. like we were in college. Funny the place we went to—The Pour House—felt like college. I walked in and knew I was old. I was instantly annoyed by the crowd and smoke. Luckily a table had been bagged otherwise I would have been gone in a ½ hour. The table next to us was making pyramids with their empty beer bottles. They crashed like six times. It was a frat party. Did I mention they have $1 bud lights? The entire bill for 22 beers and several appetizers was like $45.

Met up with everyone at La Lomita Dos for a good Friday night meal. I totally ate too much. Queso = danger. It’s so fun to meet up at a neighborhood place. I feel like I am on Friends.

Sat. we got the oil changed and went to the gym. Then Tonya, Bitsy, Brenda, Sarah and I all ventured to NoVA for some good shopping. You can tell we all have mid-west roots. First stop: AC Moore, the king of all craft stores. Second stop: Marshalls for some good, comb-through-the racks bargains. I got a black cocktail dress with a MSRP of $165 for $25. 3rd stop: Wendy’s. Ed and I went to Firewall that night. It is a good Harrison Ford thriller if you are in the mood. I liked it. I was up on my seat ½ the time, and Ed just doesn’t understand how I can let movies affect me so much. They do, okay? And that’s why I hate scary ones…

Sunday, I got groceries early in the a.m. and then was tired so I took a nap. We went to church at 12:30 and the service was in the upper church. All the other ones we have been to have been in the lower church (nice way of saying the basement). The upper church is SO beautiful. Attendance is poor at our church. There were probably 15 people there. It’s in a random location, and there is a Jesuit boys school attached so I don’t think people think of it being a church.

Went to the gym after that and then watched North Country, which was really good. I couldn’t tell how closely they followed the actual story…does anyone know?

I just got off the phone with the appointment desk at my Drs. Man, what a production. I was about ready to reach through the phone and strangle someone. Seriously. Three separate calls. Numerous transfers. Hours of my life wasted on hold. I got it all figured out though, and now I feel really good. Like you do after a major accomplishment, which I guess it was.

Still no office pics. We are having problems pirating our neighbor’s wifi at home. Good thing for us, we are getting the internet—all legit-style. We begin the process on Friday. By we, I mean Ed does because he is going to wait for them to come install the phone line. It takes a week after that to actually get internet service. I neglected to blog about Ed’s traumatic experience with Comcast trying to get cable internet. We “don’t talk about it.” It was that bad. Comcast sucks in ways too numerous to count. Verizon DSL though. We have high hopes in them. Very high hopes.

1 Comments:

  • I'll never forget the comcast guy telling us that we could not have dsl (after waiting like 6 hours for him to show) only to have another comcast guy come out a week later and hook it up in like 4 minutes. comcast=dummies.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home