Angela's Blog

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekend Recap

It's Sunday and we're at Ed's work. We are buying tickets for Easter and our free internet days at home seem to be gone.

Today we made some spaghetti for our friend Jenny Chang. Jenny is about my age (couple years older) and is having the fight of her life with breast cancer. A bunch of us brought over food for her and her husband Dom earlier today. She felt well enough to chat, and it was really great to see them both. We all stayed for a couple of hours. It was really nice.

Then Kevin and Sarah came over for pizza. I bought this extra-large fresh pizza at the grocery store yesterday. I guess it was a little large for 2 people, but Ed scoffed at its enormity when I brought it home. It fed four people well so I guess it was good that we shared.

Had a super cultural-filled weekend other than that. Friday night we grabbed some Chinese food next to the Mexican place that went last weekend. It was really great and reasonable and I felt like should have discovered it by now. :) We then went over the Library of Congress for a choral concert by a group from Switzerland that did music that was either used in Shakespeare plays or of that period. It was really great--and free.

Sat. a.m. we met Stephanie for the Shakespeare Theater's (unrelated to the concert) prop sale. OOOH that was so fun!. All of these amazing costumes and props--way out of my price range. We did find a box of great fabric scraps that we are giving to Ed's mom for her quilting. Don't worry, Anna. I got you a bag of funky fabrics.

We then went over to the National Archieves who was showing Academy Award live action shorts and animated shorts. We were there all afternoon except for a break for lunch. Wow! What an awesome treat though; they were all so well done and so different! The creativity was amazing. I am not sure if you can get them on Netflix, but let me know if anyone is interested in the names. I am totally going next year too. They also showed documentary shorts and all of the documentaries earlier in the week all for free. I can't express how much I love free cultural entertainment. Or anything free for that matter.

We then went to a concert that night that was the Bulgarian group. It was an all-female group with a really unique sound. It was folksey and old-world sounding. Very cool. That was free but only because Stephanie's parents couldn't use the tickets.

I think we are fully cultured for a while. :)

This morning I started watching Monster-in-Law. My brain needed a break.

Probably do nothing and then watch the Academy Awards tonight. My vote is for The Last Farm (though Cashback was really great and will probably win) for live action shorts and the Son and the Moon for animated short.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home